Friday, May 11, 2007

I was sitting on a bench mostly hidden by thigh-high grass, blowing the white seeds off dandelion puffs, and I looked at the yellow dandelions surrounding me and I thought 'I'm surrounded by wishes that have grown up."

Funny I should think that while my head was whirling from work. All work is, is packing massage creams and lotions and complexion masks, and translating my boss's stream-of-conscious into polite email form, and looking interestedly at malfunctioning yard tools, but it doesn't take much for my head to whirl. Everything holds so much gravity for me, even when it doesn't deserve to. I dream about screw-on black capped soap dispensers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'I'm surrounded by wishes that have grown up."

Thanks for making me smile! I'm very happy you have continued to write here. Thank you.

Mazur said...

I published your interview with me on our site today (howilearnedtostopworryingandbethebomb.blogspot.com)

I also put up some Brautigan poems. You made me remember how I had forgotten how much I loved him.

Rock on.