Sunday, March 02, 2008

There is too much music in here to write. There is too much music in here to write. It’s too hipstery to play Scrabble in with friends and I want to say it’s too crowded, or it’s trying too hard, or the kids have much too contrived haircuts, or are too snobby, to hang out in by yourself, but really, except for the music, I like it, and I only don’t like the music because it’s too amazing for me not to feel bad that I didn’t create it. I have this problem often. Any music that isn't good hurts my ears, literally hurts them, and as for the music that is good, I get jealous of the artist and can't enjoy it. My favorite music is music that somehow escapes either of these two extremes. I realize that this is not healthy.

2 comments:

Mazur said...

I want some examples.

Hannah Enenbach said...

Well, ELP, because 70's-era electro-organs are gone, and in my wildest dreams there's no way I could move my fingers that fast. Orchestral music - I am not fifty people and could not hope to be so. Music where the writer is dead.