Monday, February 15, 2010

I woke up on Valentines Day to a box of Belgian chocolates sitting on top of my laptop. There were 18 in there yesterday morning and there are 18 in there now. Don't ask me how that is even possible. Sometimes my lack of sweet tooth astounds me, and other times I find myself hoovering up chocolate chip cookies desperately and without regard for my surroundings.

This time though... you know how sometimes something's so perfect and balanced that you don't want to thrust your hand in it and mess it up? That's what's happening here. I've got dark chocolate/cayenne pepper, white chocolate/hazelnut/orange peel, hazelnut seashells, crispy rice/hazelnut, sea salt/dark, candied ginger, dark chocolate ganache/orange peel, praline, and a mystery white chocolate snowman with a crack in his neck all lined up neatly in a box and I don't want to touch anything and ruin it.

What's the word for people with too much self control - so much self control that they miss out on fun adventures and irresponsible money-making decisions and therefore life lessons and instead just sit around eating healthy food, exercising, and saving money? Sticks-in-the-mud? Oh, yeah.

1 comment:

Nor said...

OH MY LORD EAT THOSE RIGHT NOW.