Friday, July 06, 2012

New impending Asia travel means dusting off the old Asia travel blog, I guess.

Never mind that this new trip has nothing to do with Indonesia, or being newly anything... well, apart from the fact that all the countries I visit will be new to me.  Not that this blog had much to do with Indonesia after 2007, anyway, but that didn't stop me from continuing to write in it about office water coolers, the sociology of being hit on, and the terrors of domestic plane rides!

For those who prefer specifics:
I will be in South Korea from July 18 to roughly July 23, in China from then to roughly August 20, in Vietnam from then to roughly September 4, then back to South Korea until September 14.

For those who prefer official reasons to specifics:
I will be doing research on how Chinese people conceptualize free choice and whether it is at all in line with how the World Values Survey implies it.

For those who prefer underlying motivations to official reasons:
It has always been odd to me that there is a globe full of wonders (in the 'I wonder at all I am seeing!' sense, not the 'everything around the world is fantastic and beautiful!' sense) that I can acquire the means to travel around, but have not yet done so.  In other words, I have not done anywhere near as much traveling as my brain tells me I should.

For those who prefer unchecked emotions to underlying motivations:
Holy shit!

No comments: