Saturday, July 29, 2006

Look at this journal. I this, I that, I think that I noticed that I was looking around and I wrote that I saw that I was walking downtown and I realized that I always start my sentences with 'I'. Every post, 'I's galore, not to mention the starting sentence, which always starts with - what? - 'I'.

I am sick of I.

[ ] write best when [ ] am in love, or otherwise enchanted, with someone. When [ ] am enchanted with something; the contours of a thought or an animal or a cliff furred with jungle, [ ] find it best kept within my head and the moment for fear of ruining it later with awkwardly placed words. It has, though, never occurred to [is 'me' okay? it seems to be: good] that writing down the details of people and their encounters and the oddities could be anything but perfectly okay, if not the only acceptable thing to do.

Right now, everyone is just bland enough to warrant a complain about how bland they are. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing individual, even, but as a society, we are tiring me out just by being the same as [ ] am. [ ] think [ ] am ready to be an outsider.

No comments: